Helen of Troy's second DeSoto Warehouse to create 300 jobs | Business
Consumer products company Helen of Troy will build a new $37 million warehouse in DeSoto County, according to the Commercial Appeal.
The company already owns a 1.2-million-square-foot warehouse in Southaven.
Helen of Troy will give up 700,000 square feet of leased space in Memphis.
Officials said Helen of Troy would create 300 jobs with the new 1.3 million square foot facility in Olive Branch.
It's unclear if that counts jobs already in Memphis.
The warehouse is scheduled to open by late 2014. Helen of Troy said it would pay for it through cash and borrowing.
Top Olive Branch Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- County property tax hike proposal fires up commissioners, homeowners
- Fans gather for second round of St. Jude Classic
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church to host 30th National Oratorial Festival
- Action News 5's Andrew Douglas cohost for Memphis Training Camp for Dads on June 15
- Collierville's Sunset on the Square Concert Series Starts Thursday June 6th