Childhood obesity down 13.3 percent in Mississippi | Health
There is some good news in the fight against Childhood Obesity, several areas of the country are seeing a slight drop in the rates and Mississippi is one of the states on the list.
Researchers say the numbers are down 13.3 percent in the Magnolia State! It's not a huge decrease but it does mean that the state is on the right track!
New York City, Philadelphia, and the state of California also reported declines.
Analysts point to better access to fresh food, improved school nutrition, and more visible calorie information.
Researchers also credit parents for paying more attention to what their kids are eating.
Top Olive Branch Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- County property tax hike proposal fires up commissioners, homeowners
- Fans gather for second round of St. Jude Classic
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church to host 30th National Oratorial Festival
- Action News 5's Andrew Douglas cohost for Memphis Training Camp for Dads on June 15
- Collierville's Sunset on the Square Concert Series Starts Thursday June 6th