Feds declare drought disaster in DeSoto County | News
(WMC-TV) - It's hot and it's dry and that's causing problems for farmers across the country, including those in North Mississippi.
But help is on the way from the federal government.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has declared DeSoto County as a drought disaster area and that means farmers may be eligible for financial help from the USDA.
If you're interested in more information, call the Farm Service Agency at 662-429-8687.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.
Top Olive Branch Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- County property tax hike proposal fires up commissioners, homeowners
- Fans gather for second round of St. Jude Classic
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church to host 30th National Oratorial Festival
- Action News 5's Andrew Douglas cohost for Memphis Training Camp for Dads on June 15
- Collierville's Sunset on the Square Concert Series Starts Thursday June 6th